June 5, 2013 § 2 Comments
The husband and I recently moved into this amazing duplex in the heart of midtown Atlanta. Our space is essentially a loft with gigantic ceilings and skylights. The kitchen has a beautiful brick fireplace, 12-foot high windows, hardwood floors and white walls. But don’t get too jealous, the cabinets and countertops are horrendous.
So I’m looking for some decor to camouflage some of its more homely features and enhance our favorites.
- Anthropologie Coqo Floral Curtain: I love the Anthro curtains, but they are a weeeeee bit out of my price range. So my mom and I are going to make our own out of this cheap, but surprisingly durable Hobby Lobby fabric.
- Le Creuset 9 Qt. Round French Oven: This lovely will always be on my wishlist. In my dreams, I will receive this as a housewarming gift when we eventually buy a home.
- Anthropologie Nature Table Dessert Plate: This dessert plate is surprisingly feasible, if you consider only purchasing a set of four for dinners with friends. The beauty of Anthro plates to me are that you can buy one in a pattern here, and another in a completely different pattern there, and they all still manage to flow somehow – all while spreading out your cost over several months or years!
- Anthropologie Chipper & Sprite Serving Set: I have a cheese knife set in this design and am in love with it! I would love to add these serving pieces to my collection.
- Anthropologie Sorrento Platter: Can you just imagine a beautiful meal being served on this platter? It would be just perfect in the middle of a Thanksgiving table.
- Anthropologie Natural World Dessert Plate: See #4.
- Ikea Bevkam Kitchen Cart: This is a likely purchase for our home. We have very limited counter space, despite the size of our kitchen. A kitchen cart feels like the perfect addition as it not only adds to our prep space, but gives us some extra storage as well. Jennifer Johner from dearest someday talks about updating her Ikea island here… I might have to do something like that!
- Anthropologie Kitchen Utensil Rack: This would be a splurge, and one I most likely won’t make. But isn’t it beautiful? I want something like this for my wall, but just can’t find many options. This may be a DIY in the future!
- Anthropologie Soda-Lime Pitcher: I love this clear green glass pitcher. It could also double as a stunning flower vase.
Not all of these items will make their way to my kitchen, but it’s fun to dream about what we could do with the space. I hope to share photos once it all starts coming together.
If you have any recommendations for lower-priced options for similar items or just have some great kitchen ideas of your own, let me know!