Makeup Monday: Glow
June 11, 2013 § 1 Comment
This face. Ever since the first time I saw it on Pinterest, I’ve been dying to figure out how to achieve the same summery glow.
While I believe I’ll never quite look like this (due to my lack of brown hair and freckles), I do think I have found some products you and I can use to replicate this lovely fresh-faced makeup.
1. Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream: I received a sample size of this in my BirchBox and was shocked at how much I loved it. This definitely evened out my complexion and covered most, except the most red, problem areas. Compared to the bareMinerals Ready foundation I’m using right now, it totally brightened up my face. And due to the liquid application, it provided just the right glow.
2. e.l.f. Studio Cream Blush in Heartbreaker: I haven’t tried this yet, but it seems like the perfect coral. Plus, it’s e.l.f. So it’s cheap and effective.
3. bareMinerals Faux Tan All-Over Face Color: The perfect application of this bronzer to the ridge of the nose, outer corners of your forehead and hollow of your cheek would give the lovely sun-kissed look seen above.
4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Bordello: If you look closely, you can see that she barely lined her eye with a pale purple shadow. This color totally accentuates her hazel eyes. But many argue that purple is universally flattering on all eye-colors. I think this choice would brighten up any face.
5. benefit They’re Real! Mascara: While I stand by my statement that L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara is the best of all time, I wouldn’t mind trying out They’re Real! I have heard many good reviews, and the lack of eyeliner in this look makes me think a nice, thick, false-looking eyelash would be a nice complement for the overall look.
6. NARS Niagara: So much of what makes this shine is the lipstick. I found an article on MarieClaire.com about coral lipsticks and am leaning towards NARS Niagara. It looks like it could be the perfect match for this peachy pout! (I’d also be interested to see how M.A.C. Costa Chic works out!)
So now that I’ve gone through and identified the different products I think might help achieve that look, I’ll let you in on an awesome/embarrassing secret. When I was finally trying to track down the source of this photo, I realized that the photographer shared all of the products that Chelsa used to create this look! So on the one hand, I feel quite ridiculous for having spent all this time recommending different products. But on the other, I’m thrilled they shared the true products so I can really try and recreate this fresh and glowing look! Happy makeovering!