Makeup Monday: Fierce Red
June 24, 2013 § 1 Comment
This photo of Jessica Chastain is beyond stunning to me. The red hair, the red lips… it’s really flawless.
I had a lot of fun trying to think through what it would take to recreate this look a couple of weeks ago. So I wanted to try that again to see what it would take to achieve Jessica’s perfect face above.
1. Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation: I have never worn this foundation, but people rave about it. She has such flawless skin here with a matte finish, so this seems like it would achieve the desired effect.
2. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dazzled: She has a slight tint to her lower cheeks that appears to be a warm pink, almost even a bronzy color. I think layering this number with a little bronzer beneath the apples of your cheeks would do the trick.
3. Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze: EssieButton raves about this eyeshadow. I think it would perfectly mimic the beautiful, yet subtle bronze on her eyes.
4. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara: I have already waxed poetic about this stuff. It should do the trick.
5. bareMinerals Mineral Veil: Her makeup doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere. To set the face nicely, be sure to top it off with a setting powder like Mineral Veil. This will keep your makeup in place all day and give you a lovely glow.
6. MAC Lipstick in Hang Up: Now let’s be honest. The true genius of this look is the sultry, deep berry lip. It’s almost impossible to find a color that has that perfect mixture of deep plum with the maroon highlights. But I think this MAC lipstick in Hang Up might be the perfect option. It would certainly still achieve the bold lip color that is so perfect in this look.
Hope you all have a fabulous week!