I’m new to the whole link-up experience, but it is amazing! I love the sense of community you get from learning about other bloggers out there.
I’m pretty new to blogging, but really enjoy it and I look forward to “meeting” other bloggers who share my passion for all things beautiful and wondrous.
1. Last weekend, Joel and I went to Charleston for a quick day trip before meeting my family at the beach. Charleston is the city where we got engaged… and it’s stunning. So, naturally, it’s a place we like to visit whenever we can. On our walk to dinner Friday night, we passed right by the Garden & Gun offices! I was SO excited, I just had to take a picture. Dinner afterwards was delicious as well. If you’re ever in the area, we went to Coast and stayed at the Francis Marion Hotel — so beautiful. Highly recommend both!
2. Every year for the last 50 years, my dad’s family has been going to the Atlantic for a magical week. We’ve stayed on different beaches and in different houses over the years. But for the last decade or so, we’ve been going to Ocean Isle Beach, just over the North Carolina line. It is a precious island with a total of about three restaurants, one pier, an arcade and one putt putt course. We have created so many memories here over the years. It just makes my heart happy.
3. This is a photo of me, Joel, my grandparents and all my cousins. We are so blessed to have a family that just loves being together. My grandparents are such generous, loving people, my uncles and aunts are hilarious, and my cousins all legitimately have a blast with each other… and we span the ages of 11 to 29!
4. My mom is wonderful! Here she is, looking particularly stylish. This look is one of pure joy as she’s about to lay out in her chair and dive into a good book. We both read Where’d You Go, Bernadette and Beautiful Ruins (which I’m not quite done with yet). Both are very good!
5. My sister, Alyssa, is on the left and my cousin, Sarah, is on the right. They look more like sisters than Aly and I do! So pretty. Alyssa turned 18 on Tuesday [yes, we’re 9.5 years apart!] and we threw her a surprise toga party. It was a hoot and a half!
6. Joel and I were very blessed to get to spend four full days with my family. Since I’ve been working, it’s been difficult to come for more than a couple of days here and there. So while it wasn’t a full week, I was so thankful to get to spend half the time with them. We can’t wait for next year!
Linking up for the first time with Lauren Elizabeth and High Five for Friday!