Makeup Monday: Birchbox Review
October 1, 2013 § 2 Comments
I’m finally back after a long hiatus. Thanks for still stopping in and looking for posts while I’ve been gone. While life hasn’t exactly slowed down a ton, I’m going to try to make time to get on here as much as possible. Because this and you are my happy place! So let’s start back with a bang with Makeup Monday!
As I take off the lid, I slowly read the little love note. I am so careful to read the whole cover letter while my heart starts racing, begging me to turn over the card and see what products I got. But I don’t give in. I always wait to read the product list after I go through everything in the box. Because I wouldn’t want to dilute my favorite moment… peeling back the pink tissue paper to see this… my treasure chest for the month!
This month, I received:
- Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive – this has a great smell and seems like it will do a good job. I just need to keep using it.
- Racinne Ultimate Youth Power Eye Serum – I’ve been using this daily, and while I don’t really have wrinkles yet to diminish, I do think it’s been firming my eye area and helping with dark under eye circles.
- Ruffian Nail Lacquer in Delirium – this is a fun purple, but I can’t wear it to work. I plan to try this one weekend to see what I think.
- Benefit’s Sugarbomb Lip Gloss – I do not look good in shimmery, pale lip glosses. So it kind of stinks since I get super excited whenever a lip gloss/lipstick gets included. I’ll probably pass this on to my sister.
- Coola Mineral Sunscreen – I love Coola’s sunscreen! The older I get, the more sensitive my face gets to sunscreen. I had a massive breakout this summer after using generic sunscreen on my face. So following the breakout, I used an earlier sample of this from a Birchbox a few months back and was thrilled with how it felt on my face and with how clear my face stayed after using it! So pumped to have a second sample.