High Five for Friday and Favorites!
October 25, 2013 § Leave a comment
1. For Joel’s 30th birthday, I created a photo book filled with photos and notes from family and friends that are dear to us. It was really amazing to have such a tangible example of how loved he is. I highly recommend this as a gift for someone for a milestone celebration! In this particular photo, he’s just come across the page from one of his twin brothers. In it is a photo of his brother dressed up as “The Ocean” for Halloween one year. Priceless.
2. On Saturday, we had his birthday party at his parents house and had yard games, football watching and BBQ throughout the day. The highlight was his two birthday cakes made by both of our parents. It’s hard to put into words just how thankful I am for him, and for the community we’re so blessed to be a part of. To have over 30 people drive from all over to come celebrate him was so touching. We just have so much to be thankful for.
3. My sister-in-law, Kat (wife of “The Ocean”), had her second baby shower on Sunday. She’s 31 weeks along, due on Christmas Eve with little baby Laney Harris! This will be our first niece (we don’t have any nephews either) and we are so excited to meet the little munchkin. She will be the best little Christmas gift ever!
(These favorites have been piling up over the last several weeks when I haven’t had a favorites post. So some are a little old. But I hope you enjoy!)
- The Lady Okie Letting Go of My Lot in Life (loving this blog in general!)
- Calico Skies DIY Screenprint
- The Small Things Blog My Under Eye Concealing Tips
- EssieButton My Top Concealers
- Shauna Niequist On Editing, Heavy Lifting & Great Writing
- Kid President Has a Dream!
- The McG Family Three Months Out
- EssieButton Brand Focus: Bobbi Brown